The airplane authority recently stated that “Passengers have a slight mark of fear on a Bengaluru-bound IndiGo flight from Thiruvananthapuram after cabin crew noticed smoke emanating from a hand baggage, which was quickly put out with a fire extinguisher.” This whole incident was further reported to the aviation regulator – the Directorate General of Civil Aviation to find the appropriate remedy for such problems.
A spokesperson from the airline company said in a statement to PTI “IndiGo crew operating flight 6E-445 from Thiruvananthapuram to Bengaluru noticed the smoke in the cabin. The crew quickly identified minor sparks coming from the hat-rack of seat 24RH and immediately informed the commander,” He further added, The Airbus A320 aircraft, carrying 186 passengers and six crew, made a normal landing.
Taking all the precautionary measures, the cabin crew, on priority basis, relocated all passengers from adjacent seats, stated by Indigo. Smoke coming out of a black laptop placed in the hand baggage was put out with a fire extinguisher, to minimise the risk. The laptop was further transferred into a container filled with water in the lavatory.
The aircraft made a normal landing at Bengaluru airport were all passengers were deplaned safely.